Friday, August 06, 2004

Niels

Niels is a guy from Holland. He is one of the seven members doing the same master programme. Today (5th) I happened to see him in the microfilm room in the uni. library. I was kind of happy to have a chat with him there, not only because it was very exciting and useful, but because I really like him as an individual.

His behaviour doesn't look like artificial (I mean, no excess of reservation or manipulation). He is in a way very spontaneous. And, it is very nice to see that he is attractive especially because of that spontanety. It is likely that spontaneous behaviour often brings with it something almost impulsive, or a bit aggresive. But he is not a kind of person who often neglects others.
Today, he raised lots of important questions and issues about my dissertation, which I haven't yet taken seriously. It took a bit of time for me to understand what he was saying, and I felt sorry about it. But I think he didn't have any allogance or irritation in telling what he thought was crucial for my argument. He told me he enjoyed our conversation (or discussion).

If I can be happy today, even though I didn't make planned progress, it should be because of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home