Friday, May 20, 2005

Diary: 19 May 2005

1) Had a supervision with my supervisor:
I'm currently writing the second chapter of my dissertation (out of three chapters). Controlled judgement is crucial. I will work hard up until the end of this month.

2) did futsal with my friends in the History Department:
I did it last week as well. It's been great to do this, because we now have a fun together apart from our discussion in the seminars. I hope it will be sunny next Thursday as well.

3) did sewing to fix a few buttons to my favourite shirt:
I haven't done sewing for nearly two years. All my dim memory about sewing had gone in the meantime. As a result, it took 90 minutes to carry this out. It was, at the beginning at least, a mission impossible. To thread a needle was a difficult job. I even broke a needle. In the end, I managed to put three buttons; I found myself feeling a sense of achievement. It's strange, isn't it?? Just three buttons! But I was pretty happy about it, and thought it deserves an entry to the blog!!

Oh, at the same time, this sewing reminds me of myself asking my mum to fix a button on my shirt in the morning, just before I left my house to the uni. It happened more than once. That's for sure. How quick she was to do that! It was less than several minutes, I can say. I must confess I just took that for granted. Thanks mum. Great is mothers' care and skill!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home