Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I am in Oxford now.


Bodleian Library
Originally uploaded by koji yamamoto.
Hi ya. I am writing to you from the Old Bodleian Library, Oxford. I've been working here for the last two days. The photo is taken from a court yard of the library. It's rather like a castle, isn't it?

Inside the library is also amazing: it went simply beyond my imagination. The reading room where I am reading some manuscripts was apparently completed in 1604!! Thanks to the excellent reading room and the manuscripts, I've been really productive so far. And I'm getting more used to reading manuscripts.

I am leaving Oxford this evening, headding for Swansea. It's a three-hour train journey.

I will write from Swansea or from Neath (a small twon nearby) next time.
See you later!

KOJI

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 05 May, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Koji,
really proud of you!!! your research trip sounds fascinating. I always want to go Bodleian, please share with us how you feel about those manuscrtpts and free-hand writing in 18th century. Besdies, is the library (archives) open to public access? or do you need to make appointments first?
Wish you all well. See you soon.

 
At Thursday, 05 May, 2005, Blogger Koji said...

Hi Wanchen, the library is not open for the public. They say it is intended for 'serious researchers'. So we need to prepare some application form in advance, with a few documents that show our academic status &c. You can get all the information from the library website!

 
At Friday, 06 May, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koji, you have to pay me for being your agent, as everyone asks me when you're coming back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home