Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Diary: 4 April

I have spent several hours on browsing and gathering information about weblogs. I was looking for some better weblog hosting system with facilities like sitefeed, keywords and trackback. But I got lost because (I suppose) I couldn't tell the difference between hosting systems, of which blogger.com is one, with a chank of softwares used for blogging, for example, Pivot, and Serendipity. Now I think they are different things; am I right???
I feel that it will take hours and hours if I try to change the hosting system. It would be better stay for a whie.

Had a spicy pasta for dinner, and worked on some published proceedings of a mining company in early C18. I will write revised version of an abstract of chapter one tomorrow.

Read Seiya's homepage. I don't remember when I last checked it; it's been quite a while. I happened to meet him twice during my trip across Canada. We had some beer togather, overlooking a famous castle-like hotel in the walled part of Quebec City. He is a very interesting guy, now in the undergrad final year in computer science in Victoria. He's recently secured his job for (half) a year later (that is called nai-tei in Japanese). As always, I enjoyed reading his diary a lot, not just because I like his way of seeing things, but perhaps also because I'm about to do some job-hunting now.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 05 April, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself am too lazy to figure out about softwares, hmm, or anything about computers, but aren't Carmen and Andy experts on these things?? Ask them when you get the chance!!!

 
At Tuesday, 05 April, 2005, Blogger Koji said...

True! It would be nice to ask them. Actually, I have already had some words with Carmen. But, i know so little about weblogs and softwares that it took quite a while till she got to understand what i was saying!
Well, I am not in a hurry anyway. I will see what will happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home