Saturday, October 22, 2005

A way of relaxing


Aroma!
Originally uploaded by koji.
Since I moved to another college in the university, I've been trying aromatherapy.

I took the idea from one of my Japanese friends in York. Her room was really nicely scented and I was quite impressed. So I asked where she got all necessary things. Accordingly, I got the essential oil from the shop called Culpeper, which she said one of the biggest harbal shops in the UK. I bought Lavendar oil. I mix a few drops with water and heat it with a tea-candle as you see in the photo. I can also have a few drops when I have a bath. (Yes, this time, my flat have a bath!!!) I think the scent allows me to breathe a little more deeply than usual.

So this oil now gives me one good solution to my personal concern: how to relax effectively during
& after often stressful research and writing. I would recommend this aroma thing if you like a scent of a harb on your favourite pasta or if you feel a bit happier when you happended to walk nearby a florist with a good scent of flowers.

But how do you usually have a rest after a hectic day of work or study?

5 Comments:

At Sunday, 23 October, 2005, Blogger jennywren said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger jennywren said...

In fact, erm, I'm making a scarf at the moment, but somehow I don't think it'll be ready in time for winter...

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger Koji said...

So are you knitting a wool scarf, Jenny? What colour??

 
At Tuesday, 25 October, 2005, Blogger jennywren said...

It's a mixture of shades of blue and green... It's just a practice one though.

How is the teaching going?

 
At Wednesday, 26 October, 2005, Blogger Koji said...

Hummm, mixture of blue and green. Sounds great!! Hope it goes well!!

I'll have the second discussion group tomorrow Thursday. I'll write a bit about it later on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home