Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Diary: 21-22 June 2005


Flatmates!2

# I had a dinner with some of my flatmates on Tue.21st. This was some our lastr occasion to eat together as flatmates, since one of them, Wanyu, is going to move to a private house while I am away. Although we had recourse to delivery pizza, it was, as usual, nice and a good fun!!

# And I had a TAP (Thesis Advisory Panel) meeting this morning, with one of the member of the staff of the History Department, Mark Jenner, and my supervisor, Natasha Glaisyer. This is a sort of semi-formal occasion when research students have some chance to discuss their progress with someone other than one's supervisor. I only have TAP meetings twice a year. So it is pretty serious. In England at least, probably in other pasts of Europe and in the US, a system called "supervision" lies at the heart of post graduate education. This consists in regular one-to-one meetings with one's supervisor, who read all his/her papers ,discuss the issues and direct them to successful completion of thier projects. The TAP meeting I had today is its variant. I submitted a draft of one of the chapters of my dissertation, and discussed it with two persons. It went pretty well and I feel like I can develop my argument into a stronger one. Practically, this meeting was the last big thing I had before I go home. So now I felt quite relieved, and had a few glasses of wine as a treat!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home