Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Guy Fawke's Night and Michael Nyman night

Had a few nice things over the weekend.
Went to see a bonfire and fireworks to Heslington Church just by the Uni. campus. See this photo or go to Andy's blog for a brief explanation.

I also went to see a piano recital by Michael Nyman in Leed. He's supposed to be a very influencial figure in minimalisit contemproary music, and has written many pieces for films including an award-winning 'Piano Man'. [The film is actually called 'The Piano'. Thanks Jenny] I should have watched films using his pieces; that would have helped me appreciate his music more. Have you seen the film? If you have, would you recommend it??

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 10 November, 2005, Blogger jennywren said...

Hi Koji

The film is actually called 'The Piano'. Yes, I would recommend it. Out of his other films I would also recommend 'Wonderland'. I hope you enjoyed the music. Glad you could come!

Jenny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home