Thursday, February 16, 2006

Diary: Jam session at Black Swan

15 Feb. 2006, Black Swan, York City Centre

I went to Black Swan with Andy last night. Since I went there in November last year for the first time, I've been there a few times.

Black Swan is one of the some three hundreds pubs in the city centre. I fancy that it would be one of the best. It is very old and the history of the building goes back to fifteenth century. The pub boasts of being the most atmospheric music scene in York. Yes, candle lights and old lighting on the ceiling add up to mellow jazz tunes. First we had a pint just below the floor where people were playing, and then went upstairs because I wanted to play (or rather practice). I thought I was playing often quite awkwardly, but it was a good fun. I felt more comfortable and at home than before.

Next time I go there, I shall take a pix of the building from outside. It's very impressive!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home