Thursday, November 24, 2005

Diary: 23 Nov. 2005 Jazz night in Black Swan

I finally went to a pub called Black Swan last night. It's one of the very, very old pub in york, and the history of the black wooden building traces back to 15th century. The pub is known for its live music; and Wednesdays being its 'Jazz Night', I and my friend went there to see it. It was a very chilly day, so people sat around a proper fireplace, having local beers etc. to warm themselves. We went to upstairs where they played jazz. We didn't intially know that it was actually a 'jazz jam session night', which is more or less like a jazz version of an 'open mic night'. So, somehow I got to play for a little bit! I was a bit scared at the beginning; but I enjoyed on the whole because both the players and the audience were very friendly!! I would be going there again to listen to - and perhaps also enjoy playing - some jazz tunes.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, 26 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

koji next time you do this could you give me a ring. you know i fancy live performances.

 
At Monday, 28 November, 2005, Blogger Koji said...

I and Ken (whom you haven't met) will be going there on this Wednesday. We'll perhaps leave the Uni around 8:00. But, I recommend you to go there primarily to enjoy listening to the performance of a regular band members; they are pretty good. Having this in mind, then you wouldn't be disappointed!

 
At Monday, 28 November, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey drummer, that sounds cool, but i might be going to a film with a friend...

we might go to the pub after the film!

 
At Monday, 28 November, 2005, Blogger Koji said...

So I will probably see you there then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home