Monday, April 17, 2006

Diary: York Minster Uncloistered

I could not concentrate on my study after I came back from a computer room. I then decided to go to the concert of my friend. She's a member of a quintet called "Uncloistered", which specializes in medieval/renaissance church musics. I once saw her performance in a church nearby and enjoyed it; so I was looking forward to listening her performance again.

It was at its best excellent. The venue was a magnificent chapel in the Minster, the most important church in York (in fact the second most important church in England)!! Its high ceiling sometimes gave an extra echo to their voice, so I particularly enjoyed songs which allowed their voice to fade into the sacred space above us. I wanted to pray to God if one should exsist for me. Give me the strength to understand and face the path you have taken. And save me from mistakes and miseries when I could ever afford to avoid them!

A stained glass and the ceiling in Minster

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home